Monday, July 10, 2006

Mickey Rourke Is As Crazy As He Looks



Mickey Rourke once had an unusual way of dealing with his anger - he cut off his finger. The actor was taken to the hospital and had to endure an eight-hour surgery to save his finger. Rourke is no stranger to violence -- he trained as a boxer in his youth and took a five-year break from his acting career to take the sport up professionally.

The eccentric star says, "I cut my little finger off because I thought I didn't want it. I was angry about something so I decided I didn't need the end of the little finger on my left hand. I didn't cut it off completely - it was still hanging on a tendon - and an English friend, Gary, carefully carried the end of it as we went to hospital to try to rectify the situation. It took the surgeon eight hours to sew it back on. I still can't bend it properly."

Did I just read that right? I cut off my finger because I thought I didn't want it.
Too bad the doctor didn't tell him to go sew his own goddamn finger back on.

What a freak.

Via Starpulse

9 comments:

Jen said...

he should get a refund on that
cosmetic surgery....

that face is what nightmares
are made of!!
HAAHA!

Michelle Flaherty said...

Isn't this the same guy that was gettin' down and dirty with Kim Basinger?! WTF happened to his looks?!

Prunella Jones said...

This story is so nuts. Poor dude I hope he's medicated now. He used to be kinda hot but now eeeek!

Maddie said...

What happened to him? He look kind of pseudo hot in 9 1/2 weeks. Sorta. Kinda. In a 'he's the only man left on this earth' kind of way.

Cynthia said...

Wow, he looks really rough now!

MC said...

Well, that is living proof that owners and pets look increasingly like each other as years go by.

The Mistress said...

I used to fancy the pants off him. Now I'm begging him to leave his pants on!

Anonymous said...

Mickey Rourkes face looks like its made of icing and someone has just smeared it slap dash style

D. Prince said...

You all are so funny!