Monday, February 13, 2006

Oh Fishstick, You Couldn't Be More Annoying



I've never been a fan of Fishstick's. It's not even that I hate her as an actress. I can watch her in a movie and not be repulsed but it's the opposite whenever I see a picture of her out and about or read an interview of hers. Let's just say, if we knew each other in real life we'd be enemies. I think we've all had the disadvantage of knowing a few Gwyneth's in our lives.

I found some pictures of her lavish 30th birthday party.
I almost peed my pants looking at some of the names of the people who were there.

Princess Beatrice Boromeo
Princess Marzotto
Diane von Furstenberg
Christian Louboutin
Arielle Dombasle
Valentino Giametti (yes that Valentino)
Giancarlo Giametti
Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
Dolores Chaplin
Loulou de la Falaise
Maria Teresa
Betty Catroux
Daphnee Guiness
Arielle Dombasle
L'wren Scott

Definitely no John Smith's drinking Bud at that party .
I mean, come on!
Could there be a little social climbing going on?

Lately Miss Platrow can't seem to keep her foot out of her mouth. Which I find pretty ironic considering she had accused Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt of talking to the press too much about their relationship. "Hollywood relationships need to be kept private", she stated. So I guess the rule is; you can talk about other people's relationships to the press just not your own? I think if Gwyneth actually had the hots for her husband she would find it harder not to talk about him. There doesn't seem to be a lot of passion there, if you know what I mean.

Here are a few recent quotes from Fishstick.
You'll find lots of back-handed compliments, passive aggression and tons of condescension.

Her daughter is showing signs of an English accent already. "Her A's are very English - she says 'war-ter' and 'war-lk'. She says mummy instead of mommy. I don't mind that. I will if she starts saying 'basil' and 'pasta' the English way, which really drives me nuts."

But we have to put up with her pronouncing Anthony as Antony?

"Even actresses that you really admire, like Reese Witherspoon, you think, another romantic comedy? You know." She sighs. "You see her in something like Walk the Line and think, God, you're so great. And then you think, why is she doing these stupid romantic comedies? But of course it's for money and status.

You better be careful Gwyneth. Look at what happened to the last person who pissed Reese off.
"I basically stopped making money from acting in 2002. All the things I've done since then have been things I've really wanted to do, and I have not made money from them." The Estée Lauder gig pays for her art just as Calvin Klein, she says, pays for Scarlett Johansson to work with Woody Allen, "and never have to do a movie where they put her in a bikini and give her a gun". Oh, give me a break. Didn't she save any money from all that work she did in her 20s? "Good question." She laughs. "I spent it on shoes. No. Well, I had saved money, but I bought a house, and I never made Julia Roberts kind of money. I made really great money, but not the kind of money ..."

Nice, justifying your cheesy Estee Lauder gig by dragging Scarlett Johansson into the mud.
And I take offence to her saying she hasn't made any money since 2002. Sorry honey, the single mother working the midnight shift stocking shelves at Walmart and still comes up short at the end of the month can say she doesn't make any money.

Don't you feel boring at parties? "No. I think they're the idiot people and I'm the normal person. But I don't really go to parties where ... I don't really have drunk friends. My friends are kind of adult; they have a drink. But they hold their liquor. I think it's incredibly embarrassing when people are drunk. It just looks so ridiculous. I find it very degrading. I think, ooh, you're really degrading yourself right now, to be this pissed out in public."



I don't know what you're talking about. You don't look idiotic at all!

"I don't spend the time I used to when I was single having a massage or a facial. I do things when it's an emergency - when I look like a man, I have a wax!"

Poor Baby, someone please treat Gwyneth to a day at the spa.
We wouldn't want her looking like a man or going without pampering.
I'm surprised the UN isn't working on a humanitarian award for her.
Surely, there must be something in the works for her great scarifice.

"I love living in the UK! Brits are far more intelligent and civilised than Americans. I love the fact that you can hail a taxi and just pick up the pram and put it in the back of the cab without collapsing it."

Well now, if that's not civilised then I don't know what is.

3 comments:

jessalauren said...

great job! i think you articulated my feelings for 'Fishstick' perfectly.

i loved the passive-aggressive stuff the most!

However said...

Fantastic. It's about time somebody stated these facts.

keep it up DP!!

Peter Jacobs said...

I like Gwyn, but she did look a bastard in that frock (main pic).